As a counsellor Ben has worked with young people who present with a range of difficulties such as:
Depression, Anxiety, Lack of Self-worth, Bullying, Low Self-Esteem, Anger, Rage, Relationship problems, Problems at school, Family problems, Lack of identity, Not being accepted, Rejection, Separation anxiety, Guilt, Shame.
Ben has also built a considerable base of knowledge and experience having worked in front line care with young people in the care system and within a Specialist Pupil Referral Unit. Ben’s success in this field combined with his extensive training and experience as a counsellor has enabled him to continue to work successfully with young people today.
Ben’s experience at a glance:
- Experience of working with a range of complex emotional and behavioural needs
- Working with young people who are experiencing a range of acute mental health issues
- Experience of working with attachment disorder, anxiety, depression, suicidal behaviour, psychological impairment, dangerous and risky behaviours, issues around food, neglect, aggression, stress, low self-esteem, mood disorders, panic attacks and phobias
- Extensive work with young people who have a lack of identity and self-worth
- A unique understanding and respect of the complex nature of supporting young people
- Working creatively with young people